Ph.D. in Hospital Administration is a 3-year doctoral degree program revolving around the field of Healthcare and Hospital Administration..
Ph.D. in Hospital Administration is a 3-year doctoral degree program revolving around the field of Healthcare and Hospital Administration. The eligibility for the same is to qualify a PG program in Hospital Administration or an equivalent examination with a minimum marks of 55% and above from a recognized university.
Some of the top colleges that provide the program of Ph.D. in Hospital Administration are as follows:
- Institute of Public Health — Bengaluru
- Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences (DMIMS) — Maharashtra
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) — New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Public Health (IIPS Gandhinagar) — Gujarat
- Amity University — Noida
Candidates for Ph.D. in Hospital Administration are selected on the basis of merit. In addition, they are expected to appear for the various state and national level degree examinations conducted by respective colleges and universities followed by counselling sessions, non-public interviews, and group discussions. The course offers a detailed insight into the healthcare sector of management, thereby preparing applicants in different areas of the respective field.
Ph.D. in Hospital Administration provides college students with a broad platform to learn the intricacies of healthcare administration and the ways to develop certain utmost skills required for the management of the same.
Ph.D. in Hospital Administration: Eligibility
The minimum eligibility criterion for admission to Ph.D. in Hospital Administration is mentioned below:
- Applicants must hold a Master’s diploma or M.Phil in Hospital Administration with a minimum of 55% aggregate score from a recognized university.
- They must have work experience of at least 5 years as professionals in a senior position.
- They are required to qualify the entrance examination such as NET/ PET, etc. with a valid score.
- Some of the reputed faculties and universities might also additionally conduct personal interviews to screen the applicants.
Ph.D. — in Hospital Administration: Admission Process
Admission to Ph.D. in Hospital Administration is done on basis of merit secured in the qualifying examination. The eligibility standard requires applicants to hold an applicable Master’s degree or M.Phil in Hospital Management or an equivalent examination a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university. The students are expected to clear the entrance examination conducted by various colleges and universities followed by a Personal Interview and Group Discussion to gain insight into the student’s character and personality traits. However, the eligibility standards differ as per the norms of different colleges. The cumulative marks received in the qualifying examination, entrance test, PI, and GD would be calculated to determine the merit cut-off for different universities.
The list of various entrances carried out for admission to the Ph.D. in Hospital Administration is as follows:|
- RAT — Research Aptitude Test
- NET — National Eligibility Test
- DET — Doctorate Entrance Test
- PET — Ph.D. Entrance Test
Applicants can apply for Ph.D. in Hospital Administration either offline or by visiting the official websites of the respective colleges.